Saturday, August 23, 2014

Emma inspiration wrap shirt

I know it's been a while since she wore those shirts, but to me they are a must have for the up-coming autumn season.





This is apparently a jumpsuit, but I think you can easily replace it by black pants and a white wrap shirt.

h&m draped wraparound shirt

I actually tried this on, but I'm still not convinced. The fabric is polyester and not cotton, which I think would drape better. The sleeves are quite sheer (which you don't see on the picture) and the front has a double layer, so it's not all sheer (back is the same as the sleeves). Overall, it imitates Emma's style quite well, but it's not as loose fitting.
The other photo they show on their website is with a longer skirt, which actually looks much better, but I'm looking for that slightly laid back yet chic look. This style is also available in purple.

They have another wraparound shirt in black available (currently no pictures on their website), which is slightly different. It has shorter sleeves, it's made from a heavier polyester fabric and the fit is more snug. 

Other possibilities:
Asos wrap front blouse in white and below in black



Riverisland through Asos or in their stores (was also available in black, lime - not sure if still available)

Can't say I'm entirely satisfied with any of these replacements, do you have any other suggestions?

1 comment: